Before You Start
Being a brow artist is more than just plucking and tinting hairs. It’s a true art that is mastered by many years of experience and thousands of brows. Besides practical skills, communication skills to your client is highly coveted. Your job as a professional brow artist is to make your client feel confident and to create long lasting, beautiful brows.
Therefore, it is important you read our safety instructions very carefully and always perform an allergy test 48 hours before use, even if your client is already familiar with coloring products.
Make sure to perform a patch test 48 hours before use, even if your client previously used coloring products. The purpose of the patch test is to make sure there are no allergic reactions to the henna.
To do this, prepare the henna and apply a small dot on the inside of the elbow. After 20 minutes, wash off with lukewarm water. If any reaction occurs during the processing time, rinse immediately and don’t use this product. If no reaction occurs within 48 hours, then usage is safe.
The allergy test, however, cannot predict future allergic reactions. Please consult a doctor if you have any doubts.
The Supercilium range is simple, with 5 distinct colors which can be mixed to create more shades. Each kit comes with organic rosewater to set and develop the henna dye, as well as an organic cleanser, tint remover and an angled brush for application.
The perfect shade for each skin tone is as follows:
Blonde: lightest skin tones
Golden Brown: honey blonde and warm blonde types
Light Brown: blondes and brunettes
Medium Brown: brunettes and mediterranean types
Dark Brown: mediterranean skin tones and darker
1. Clean the brows with Supercilium Botanical Cleanser to remove excess oil from the skin. Better results are achieved when eyebrows are scrubbed in advance. The client can do this at home.
2. Mix two (2) spatulas or one (1) .25 gr measuring spoon full of henna with 20 drops of Rosewater until a smooth substance is achieved. Wait 5 minutes prior to using. It’s important that the henna is not too runny!
3. Apply a layer of henna to the brow with an angled brush. Press/stamp the paint into the eyebrow until all skin is covered. Make sure you create sharp lines. Correct small mistakes using Tint Remover on a cotton swab.
4. Remove the henna from the inside of eyebrows after 3-5 minutes for an ombre effect, with a damp, not too wet, cotton pad. If still too light, reapply and leave on for another 3-5 minutes.
5. Finally remove the rest of the henna after 15-20 minutes. The longer the tint sits, the better it will penetrate the skin and the longer the effect will last.
SUPERCILIUM BROW HENNA IS FOR PROFESSIONAL USE ONLY. Hair colorants can cause severe allergic reactions. Read and follow the instructions carefully. If a client experiences any stinging or burning and/or a rash during coloring, rinse off immediately and discontinue coloring the eyebrows, as this may be an indication of a more serious reaction. Stop treatment immediately if there are any signs of a skin rash, dizziness, faintness, shortness of breath and/or swelling of the eyes/face; rinse and seek medical attention. Avoid contact with eyes. Rinse eyes immediately if the product comes into contact with them. Supercilium is not intended for use on persons under the age of 16. Temporary "black henna" tattoos may increase your risk of allergy. Contains hydrogen peroxide. Do not use if you experience the following.
Don’t clean henna-dyed brows for at least 12 hours after treatment. Use as little as possible of cleansing products. Oil-based skincare products and scrubs also will cause color to fade.