Perfect, flawless, full eyebrows are as easy as five steps away. There are so many different options in brow treatments nowadays, so we want to show you how simple and quick it is to have the perfect DIY henna brows. The advantages of tinting your brows with henna includes not having to pencil them in each morning and being able to shape your brows effortlessly, because henna stains the skin. Let us show you how simple the whole process is from start to finish!
First things first: Safety
Before you start with applying tint on your eyebrows. We advise all our brow babes to start with doing a skin patch test. Although our henna powder is 88% natural, there is still a small chance that certain skin types have allergic reactions or some discomfort to brow tint. We strive to prevent any issues by performing an allergy test 48 hours before use, even if your client is already familiar with coloring products.
How to pick the right Brow Henna shade
We currently offer 6 different eyebrow henna shades. You can mix and match the henna colors to create the perfect shade. Need help picking the perfect shade for every skin tone and hair color? See below for a quick overview:
- Blonde: lightest skin tones
- Light Brown: blondes and brunettes
- Auburn: for the red haired ladies and for the ones who love a warmer tint on the eyebrows.
- Medium Brown: brunettes and Mediterranean types
- Dark Brown: Mediterranean skin tones and darker skin types
- Black: Dark skin types
Do you want to know more about the supercilium henna color range? Read this blog: Choosing the right henna color for your client.
Supercilium henna brows in 5 easy steps
- Always start with prepping the Brow Henna, so the henna can sit and develop. Mix 1 measuring spoon of the henna powder (25g) with about 15-20 drops of the Supercilium Color Developer until a smooth henna paste is achieved. Lighter colors tend to need more drops of Color Developer than darker colors. Wait 5 minutes before you start using it. The henna mustn’t be too runny! Want to learn more about how to mix the right henna consistency? Watch this video.
- The cleaner the skin, the better the henna can penetrate the skin. Therefore clean the eyebrows with Supercilium Pro Cleanser to strip oils from the skin. An even better result is achieved when the eyebrows are exfoliated afterwards with the Supercilium Prep Peel Gel. Apply a pea sized amount and gently massage it onto the brows and the skin underneath. The client can also do this at home. You can remove the Prep Peel Gel again with the Pro Cleanser on a cotton pad.
- Apply a layer of henna paste with a Medium Angled Brow Brush. Press or stamp the paint onto the eyebrow until all skin is covered. Work from the start of the brow until the tail. Make sure you create sharp lines. Correct small mistakes using a normal cotton swab or precision swab with the Supercilium Color Corrector.
- Remove the product from the beginning of the eyebrow after 3-5 minutes for an ombre effect, with a damp – not too wet – cotton pad. If still too light, reapply the henna and leave it on for another 3-5 minutes.
- Finally remove the rest of the henna after 15-20 minutes. The longer the dye sits, the better it will penetrate the skin and the longer the effect will last.
Watch the video below to see the full Brow Henna process:
Aftercare for henna brows
Don’t clean henna-dyed brows for at least 12 hours after treatment. Use as little as possible of cleansing products. Oil-based skincare products and scrubs also will cause the color to fade quicker.
The art of doing brows
Being a brow artist is more than just plucking and tinting hairs. It’s a true art that is mastered by many years of experience and thousands of eyebrows. Besides practical skills, you have to value the client greatly and need excellent communication skills. It’s your job to make your client feel confident and to create long-lasting, beautiful brows.
We hope this explains how to perform brow henna simply and quickly for flawless brows! Explore our Brow Henna range or shop our Brow Henna Starter Kit with all you need to create flawless henna brows.