Are you running your own beauty business or do you want to start one? If you're ready to take your business to new heights, then listen up! Online marketing is the way to go, even when running an offline business like a beauty salon or brow bar. New to this whole digital marketing game? Let's chat about some basic online marketing tools you need to have in place.
1. Social Media Marketing:
Social media marketing involves using platforms as Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, and Twitter to promote your beauty business and connect with your customers. Start by creating social media accounts for your beauty business on the platforms that are most relevant to your target audience. When choosing the name of your beauty salon, already double-check if that name is still available. Since your time is only limited, we believe it’s better to manage one platform really well, than to just open them all.
You can then begin sharing content regularly, such as photos and videos of your services, your beautiful salon (people love instagrammable places!), inspirational quotes, and behind-the-scenes to engage with your audience. Make sure to always add engaging captions to your timeline posts. The more people react, the more changes your post will show up in everybody’s timeline.
Tip: Make sure to add your contact information and link to your booking site in your bio so people can easily book a treatment if they like what they see.
- Programs like Canva will help you to easily create beautiful templates that match your beauty salon's branding.
- Share photos and videos of your services, to showcase your skills and expertise. People love to see what they would get if they come to you.
- Share behind-the-scenes stories to engage your audience and create a personal connection.
- Content management programs like Later or Hootsuite can make it easier for you to plan everything ahead. Some of them have basic subscriptions for free.
Tip from Supercilium's Social Media Manager Rafaela:
It will save you time if you already plan & create your posts ahead, compared to doing it one by one. Once you’re in the content creation mood, you can easily fill your calendar for the coming month.
Grow your visibility:
- Respond to comments and messages promptly.
- Run giveaways to encourage engagement and to get more followers.
- When just starting out, line up your friends & family to follow your page and to respond on every post.
- Use relevant hashtags to increase the visibility of your posts.
- Collaborate with influencers in your area niche to increase your reach. If they like your salon, big chance their followers will follow their recommendations.
2. Website Creation:
Create a digital storefront that enables potential customers to learn more about your brow business and book appointments. It should feature photos of your work with brows, your beauty salon, a list of your services and prices, and your contact information.
Your website doesn’t need to be super fancy, it’s most important it looks professional and that customers can easily get the information they need.
You can use website builders like Wix or WordPress to create a professional-looking website quickly and easily.
The look and feel of your website:
Tip from Supercilium's Marketing Manager Myriam:
By choosing an existing template, your website doesn’t have to break the bank. You can then customize it by adding your branded colors, logo, adding photos and videos of your services.
- Choose a template that matches your branding & style and showcases your services.
- Use high-quality images and videos to create an Instagram-worthy atmosphere. Pixelated images really are a no-go for digital marketing.
- Ensure that your website is mobile-friendly and easy to navigate, since most visitors will use their phone to check your website (at Supercilium that’s for example more than 80%!).
- Include a list of your beauty services and prices.
- Add customer reviews and testimonials to build trust.
- Include your contact information, hours of operation, and location.
- Show yourself or your team: people like to know the face behind a beauty salon.
3. Google Business / Google Maps:
Google Business and Google Maps are tools that allow you to list your brow business on Google. This makes it easy for potential customers to find your location, phone number, and hours of operation. A lot of people just type in a beauty salon in Google Maps, and pick the one that is most close, or has the best reviews. So to be there is a no-brainer.
To initiate the process of listing your business on Google, you can create a Google Business account and fill out all the necessary information about your brow business. You can then verify your account by phone or mail to assure Google that you’re the owner of the brow business. From there you can start convincing people to leave a review to make sure you have a good rating. Encourage customers to leave reviews by offering incentives or reminders. Make sure respond to customer reviews promptly and professionally.
- Create a Google Business account and fill out all the necessary information.
- Verify your account by phone or mail. Sometimes they sent a letter to your business address.
- Link your Google Business account to your website.
4. Local Facebook Advertising:
Local Facebook advertising involves ads to target people in your local area who may be interested in your brow services. It can help increase your business's visibility and attract new customers. Now you may think, but who is still using Facebook? Well Instagram is part of Facebook, and all ads can be managed in their Meta Business Manager program.
To initiate the process of local Facebook advertising, you can create a Facebook Business Manager account and set up your advertising campaign. At first it may look complicated, but once you get the hang of it local advertising will really help to boost your brow business. Here are three points to focus on for local Facebook advertising:
1. Ad Creation:
- Choose an eye-catching image or video that showcases your brow treatment. This doesn’t need to be fancy, an iPhone and proper lighting (Ringlight for example) can already do the trick.
- Write a compelling headline and ad copy that highlights your unique selling points. The most important information need to be in the beginning, since not all people read until the end.
- Include a clear call-to-action that encourages people to book an appointment.
- Choose your target audience based on location, demographics, interests, and behavior.
- Use Facebook's lookalike audience feature to target people who are similar to your existing customers.
- Refine your audience over time based on the performance of your ads.
3. Budgeting and Analytics:
- Set a budget for your campaign and monitor your ad spend.
- Use Facebook Ads Manager to track the performance of your ads, including reach, engagement, and conversions.
- Adjust your ad targeting, copy, and visuals based on the data to optimize your campaign.
5. Online Booking Platforms:
Online booking platforms like Treatwell allow customers to book appointments with your brow business online, making it easy and convenient for them to schedule a visit. While these platforms may take a portion of your revenue, they can increase your visibility, especially in the beginning stages of your brow business.
To initiate the process of using online booking platforms, you can create an account on Treatwell or a similar platform and add your services, prices, and availability. You can then promote your booking page on social media and your website to encourage customers to book with you. Treatwell also offers the option to do price promotions, which can be handy to get new customers in for the first time.
So there you have it, beauties! Online marketing is a game-changer & essential when it comes to growing your brow business. You can really boost your visibility and attract more customers. And don't forget to track your progress along the way so you can adjust your strategies and see even better results. Good luck, girl bosses!