The Latin name for henna is Lawsonia Inermis. It is a bush that grows in the north of Africa, the Middle East and India. Crushed into powder it is used to decorate the skin. Henna needs to develop for hours and leaves a red stain.What is Henna?
We are here to help! If you don't see an answer below please do not hesitate to email us at email@example.com or message us on Instagram @Supercilium.BrowHenna.
Supercilium henna brow tint is 88% natural henna. It’s cruelty free, vegan and made in an ecological minded factory where there is a special focus on work-ethic and protecting nature. Supercilium is made of the finest selected henna from India. It takes 10 to 20 minutes to develop and it leaves a stain on the skin up to 14 days.
The henna stains up to 5 weeks on the hairs and up to 2 weeks on the skin, depending on your clients skin type.
Yes. Almost all brow henna’s contain a very small amount of PPD. Some people are sensitive to this ingredient and an allergic reaction could occur, that is another reason why performing a patch test is necessary. PPD is a colorant, without this substance the color remains red and is unable to stain. The ingredient is necessary for the creation of henna brows.
We advise not to apply henna brows to a client if:
- They are pregnant or breastfeeding
- The skin is very oily and the henna quickly fades from the skin
- They already have very dark and full eyebrows
- The skin is irritated or wounded
- They are allergic or sensitive to eyebrow dye
- They have had allergic reactions after the application of a henna tattoo
If the paste is not thick enough there is a chance that the color will turn a light shade of green. Make sure that you are mixing one scoop of henna powder with 25-30 drops of fixing lotion or water in order to get that perfect substance. Make sure that you let the paste sit as well so it thickens.
Supercilium Henna brows in 5 steps:
1. First clean the eyebrows with Supercilium Botanical Cleanser to strip oils from the skin. An even better result is achieved when eyebrows are scrubbed in advance (the client can do this at home)
2. Mix 1 measuring spoon with about 25-30 drops of Supercilium Fixing Rosewater until a smooth substance is achieved. Wait 5 minutes before you start using it. It’s important that the henna is not too runny!
3. Apply a layer of henna with an angled brush. Press/stamp the paint into the eyebrow until all skin is covered, back to front as well. Make sure you create sharp lines. Correct small mistakes using a cotton swab with Tint Remover.
4. Remove product from the inside of eyebrows after 3-5 minutes for an ombre effect, with a damp – not too wet – cotton pad. If still too light, reapply and leave on for another 3-5 minutes. 5. Finally remove the rest of the henna after 15-20 minutes. The longer the dye sits, the better it will penetrate the skin and the longer the effect will last.
Don’t clean henna-dyed brows for at least 12 hours after treatment. Use as little as possible of cleansing products. Oil-based skincare products and scrubs also will cause color to fade.
We’ve created five shades to make sure we can offer you various colors, and are suitable to mix & match, for all different types of women.
Below you can find the perfect shade for every skin tone:
Blonde – lightest skin tones
Golden Brown – honey blonde and warm blonde types
Light Brown- blondes and brunettes
Medium Brown – brunettes and persons of mediterranean descent
Dark Brown – mediterranean skin tones and darker
Patch tests are super important because your client could be allergic to the product. Allergy (patch) tests should be performed 48 hours before use, even if your client previously used coloring products. To do this:
1. Prepare the henna and apply a small dot on the inside of the elbow.
2. After 20 minutes, wash off with lukewarm water.
3. If you notice a reaction such as redness, itchiness or swelling occurs during the processing time, rinse immediately and don’t use this product. If no reaction occurs within 48 hours, usage is safe.
The allergy test cannot predict future allergic reactions. Please consult a doctor if you have any doubts!
Brow lamination follows a similar concept to a lash lift. The same way you would apply a solution to your lash hairs to keep them standing upright for a certain period of weeks-- essentially, you’re straightening your brow hairs in one direction with a chemical solution. This gives you the look of symmetry, fullness, and definition.About brow glaze
The whole process is about 20-30 minutes.
IN THE FIRST 24 HOURS AFTER TREATMENT
-AVOID CONTACT WITH WATER -DO NOT RUB THE BROWS
-DO NOT SLEEP ON THE BROWS
-DO NOT USE EYEBROW MAKE-UP
-NO SAUNA, STEAM BATHS, JACUZZI ETC.
-AVOID HOT TEMPERATURES
You can get up to 30 treatments, the product lasts 3 months after opening.
Costs vary by market, we recommend you research salons in your area and keep your price competitive.
We love that you would like to educate the world on how to apply brow henna! Apply to become a trainer on our Partner with Us page. Make sure to include "Trainer" in the subject line.
Great! We are ready to share the love of Supercilium throughout the world with you. Fill out the contact form on our Partner with Us page.
At this time, we are not accepting distributors--but we are looking for trainers who are interested in teaching Brow Glaze.Find out more
Here! With us. We offer a free online course, just for you. Sign up now.
You do not need additional qualifications, but the product is quite different than regular tint! We strongly recommend you take our online course or find a trainer in your area. If you would like to attend an in-person training, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Yes, you will receive an online certificate that confirms you have completed the course, however please note that this is not an accredited certificate. To become accredited you must take an in-person training.
Please contact your insurance company with this inquiry. They should be able to assist you.
Stay tuned for our free online Brow Glaze course on the School of Supercilium. Coming soon!
To receive accredited certification, you must follow a professional course with a certified school/instructor. We can provide you with a list of trainers nearest to you.
The shipping costs within the Netherlands are €4,95. Shipping within the UK is €6.95 and within Europe is €12,95. Shipping costs worldwide are up to €27,95. Visit our shipping page to learn more.
Yes you can. You are able to return unused items in the original package, damaged or incorrect orders back to Supercilium within 14 days for a store credit or an exchange. Shipping charges are non-refundable.
All customers receive a track & trace code or UPS tracking number via email after they placed an order. (check your spam if you don’t see it!) If you haven’t received an email with the desired information, please contact us at email@example.com